Food and Beverage Shift Supervisor
Closing Date: Oct. 30, 2015
|Employer:||Spirit Mountain Gaming, Inc|
Grand Ronde - Polk County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary Range:||$17.06 - $20.71/hr.|
|Summary: Supervises and coordinates the activities of other staff.|
|Essential Job Functions:|
• Supervises, leads, and monitors daily operations within assigned food and beverage area: ensures quality of food and service and appropriate staffing levels.
• Prepares schedules for employees; including work shifts, lunches and breaks. Ensures department is properly staffed.
• Monitors activities of other staff and provides instructions for areas of operation; follows general standards per the department and position; trains new employees and monitors training by training buddies.
• Performs or assists other staff in performing duties, such as bussing tables, seating guests, cashiering, wait staffing and/or cleaning areas.
• Assists in stocking easy pour liquor system; ensures bottles have properly numbered pour spouts.
• Monitors customer satisfaction of food, service, and atmosphere; resolves any problems that occur during assigned shift.
• Performs administrative duties such as assisting with interviewing and performance evaluations, preparing memos, documents and reports, and administering incentive programs.
• Requisitions supplies, prepares inventories as requested, tracks products delivered and ensures proper billing of items.
Spirit Mountain Standards:
• Delivers Spirit Mountain’s Branded Customer Service (BCS) by consistently modeling attitudes and behaviors in alignment with SMGI’s Pride Values, Brand Promise and Business Vision.
• Learns comprehends and complies with all Company and departmental policies and procedures, MICS, gaming regulations and Regulation 31 requirements.
• Follows all Corporate and departmental safety policies and procedures.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws and in alignment with SMGI’s Pride Values, Brand Promise and Business Vision.
• Interviews and trains employees.
• Plans, assigns, and directs work, appraises performance, rewards and disciplines employees; addresses complaints and resolves problems for employees as well as guests.
• Makes recommendations to the Manager and Director for hiring and staff separations in accordance with company policies.
|Required Knowledge of: |
• Principles, practices, and processes of food and beverage preparation and delivery.
• Principles, practices, and processes of safe food handing.
• Computer hardware and software applications.
• Supervisory principles, practices and methods.
Required Skill in:
• Serving food and beverages in restaurant, buffet and banquet environments.
• Recognizing and correcting situations that are unhealthy or may lead to poor customer service.
• Monitoring and providing customer service.
• Operating computer hardware and software applications.
• Supervising, leading, and delegating tasks and authority.
• Communicating both orally and in writing.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
Education, Experience, Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications:
• Associate’s Degree in hospitality, food service or a related field, and three (3) years hospitality or food service work experience, including one (1) year supervisory experience, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Low security gaming license issued by the Grand Ronde Gaming Commission.
• State of Oregon Food Handler’s Certificate.
• State of Oregon Liquor Control Commission Server’s Permit.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• Work is performed in a food service environment, with routine exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or tobacco smoke and occasional exposure to extreme cold or heat and potentially toxic or caustic chemicals.
• Subject to high levels of noise.
• Work is subject to frequent standing and walking, with occasional sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling and lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Work is subject to frequent use of hands to finger, handle, feel and reach with hands and arms.
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
• Equipment utilized includes personal computer, standard office equipment, box knife, card board crusher, and tools and equipment normally used in providing food and beverages such as coffee urns, espresso machines, push carts, trays, bus tubs, utensils and serving plates, telephone, audio/video equipment, and two-way radio.
Get Notified of New Jobs at Oregon Lodging